Honey Tea Bread
With no added sugar or fat this recipe is completely guilt-free but also delicious!
1/2 cup redgum honey
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup of candied peel
zest of 1 orange
1 1/4 cup strong english breakfast tea
1 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
PREP TIME - 20 minutes
COOKING TIME - 60 minutes
MAKES - one loaf
1. Grease a loaf tin and preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Soak the raisins, peel and zest in the hot tea for 10 minutes.
3. Add the soaked-fruit to all the other ingredients and beat well.
4. Pour into the tin and bake in the over for 1 hour.
5. Allow to cool slightly, before enjoying with butter or creamed honey.