Gluten-free & Dairy-free
Honey Lemon Cake
Avoiding gluten, sugar & dairy? Love delicious cakes? Then have we got the recipe for you! Tastes even more delicious knowing there is nothing bad in it!
250g almond flour / ground almonds
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
200ml olive oil
3 large eggs, beaten
zest of 2 large lemons
100ml lemon juice
PREP TIME - 15 minutes
COOKING TIME - 50 minutes
MAKES - one cake
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C
2. Beat together the honey and the olive oil.
3. While beating, slowly add in a third of the almond flour, all of the baking powder and one egg. Slowly add the remaining almond flour and eggs and continue to beating until all is incorporated into a light, airy batter.
4.Grease a baking tin with olive oil and/or baking paper. Pour in the batter.
5. Place in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the cake has risen and set in the centre.
6. To make the syrup, combine the lemon juice and honey. While the cake is warm, not hot, prick it all over with a toothpick and drizzle the top of the cake in syrup.
7. Let the cake completely cool until enjoying with a cup of tea!