Honey & Almond Slice
Best simple slice to whip up when you learn you have visitors dropping in unexpectedly. The smell that fills the house alone is worth baking these for!
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
80g unsalted butter
1/3 cup honey
1 1/2 cups flaked almonds
1/2 cup honey
60g unsalted butter, melted
PREP TIME - 10 minutes
COOKING TIME - 20 minutes
MAKES - one square slice ~ 9-12 pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a slice tin (or a square tin/glass dish) with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter and mix together all the base ingredients. If its a little dry try adding more honey - the texture should hold together when pressed but not be moist.
3. Press the base mix into the tin/dish, ensuring it is even to all edges.
3. In a separate bowl mix the topping ingredients and then top the base with the topping, again ensuring an even spread.
4. Pop in the preheated oven for 20mins, checking as you get closer to the end that the top is evenly browned.
5. Great when its slightly warm, or with custard, or just on its own with a nice cuppa tea.