Broccoli &Chicken Couscous
with Harissa dressing
Fresh, fast and healthy - best kind of mid-week dinner.
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
300g broccoli florets
6 spring onions, finely sliced
150g cherry tomatoes, chopped large bunch parsely, finely choppedsmall bunch mint, finely chopped
juice of 2 lemons
zest of half a lemon
2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp harissa
1 tbsp honey
25g toasted flaked almond
PREP and COOKING TIME - 20 minutes
SERVES - 4 people
1. Chop and prep all your ingredients (doing this up front will save you a lot of time!
2. Put a medium size frying pan on the heat with the olive oil and bring it to a medium heat whilst you tenderise your chicken (place it between two sheets of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin or tenderiser).
3. Place the chicken on to cook whilst you prepare the rest of the couscous, turning once after about 5 mins.
4. In a medium sized bowl, add your couscous. Boil a kettle full of water, adding enough to the coucous bowl to cover the couscous and set aside for 5 mins.
5. Add the rest of the boiled water to a pot on a medium heat on the stove. Add your broccoli florets to this and blanch for 2 mins. Drain the broccoli well and then blitz it in a food processor.
6. Add the blitzed broccoli to the couscous, as well as the chopped spring onions, tomatoes, herbs, lemon zest, juice of 1 1/2 lemons and 2 tbsp oilive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
7. To make the harissa dressing combine the harissa, honey, remaining lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a container (an empty Nectar Honey jar works perfectly!) and shake until combined.
8. Place the couscous on a platter, chop up your chicken and scatter it on top with your toasted almonds and serve with the jar of dressing on the side for each person to add to their liking.