There is no sugar insight in this recipe, just the natural sugars of strawberry and honey.
3 cups (330g) plain marie biscuits
180g butter, melted
3 cups (400g) strawberries, hulled
1/3 cup honey
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
3 cups (675g) cream cheese
extra strawberries for decoration
PREP TIME - 20 minutes
CHILLING TIME - 20 minutes
MAKES - one cake, 12 servings
1. Blend the biscuits in a food processor until fine crumb texture is achieved. Combine the crumbs with melted butter and press this into a lined springform tin and pop it in the fridge as you prepare the filling.
2. Puree the strawberries and honey in the food processor.
3. Add in the cream cheese and blend until smooth.
4. Pour in the cream and continue blending until your mix has thickened up well.
5. Pour batter over the prepared crust, and chill in the fridge overnight.
6. Top with strawberries just before serving. Enjoy!
This cake will stay delicious for up to 3 days in the fridge but also freezes well.