Sticky Chicken with Bruschetta
This mouth-watering recipe will certainly satisfy every taste bud. With a side of bruschetta and salad this is dish is perfect for summer nights
4 cloves of garlic
3 large red onions
1 fresh chilli (red)
16 free range chicken wings
1 small handful of sultanas
400g tin of unchopped tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 fresh tomatoes
1 clove garlic
PREP TIME - 30 minutes
COOKING TIME - 1 hour
MAKES - 4 - 6 serves
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C
2. Peel and finely slice the garlic and onions, then deseed the chilli.
3. Soak the sultanas in a cup of boiling water and set aside. Heat a lug of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the garlic, chilli and most of the sliced onion. Cook for 10-15 minutes until soft.
4. Tip in the sultanas and their soaking water into the sauce. Bubble until thickened. Add the honey, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cool slightly and then blend until smooth but still a little chunky.
6. Place the chicken wings on a tray lined with aluminium foil. Season with salt and cracked pepper, then pour the sauce over (reserving just a little). Toss the chicken around until fully coated in the sauce.
7. Pop the chicken into the hot oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the chicken is beautifully tender and the meat pulls away easily from the bone.
8. Baste the chicken with the sauce and some extra honey at least once during the 45 minutes to ensure the chicken stays moist.
9. Whilst the chicken gets golden in the oven, slice the ciabatta into nice thick pieces and place it on the bars of the oven until it gets nice grilled marks. Rub the warm bread with the clove of garlic and a drip of oil.
10. Chop the tomatoes and the basil and combine with a drop of oil. Chop up the garlic clove used for rubbing and add to the tomato mixture.
11. Top the ciabatta with the tomato mixture and place the bruschetta in the oven until it is just warmed through.
12. Serve the sticky chicken wings and bruschetta with a garden salad for a perfect dinner on a warm summers night.