Quinoa Veg Salad
The perfect salad for on the side, or as a complete meal. So simple, but so delicious.
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 sweet potato, roasted
2 beetroots, roasted
1 eggplant, roasted
1 bunch parsley
1 tin chickpeas
1 tin kidney beans
1/3 cup peppitas
lug of olive oil
salt and pepper
3 T honey
PREP TIME - 10 minutes
MAKES - one large serving to share
1. This salad is a great way to use up left over roasted vegetables (of any kind) but if you are starting from scratch, preheat the oven to 180 and roast the vegetables until cooked through but retaining their shape.
2. Rinse the quinoa then place in a pan. Cover with 1 1/2 cups of water and leave to simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir through with a fork to separate the grains.
3. Prepare the remaining ingredients. Chop the tomatoes and parsley into bite-sized chunks.
4. In a small fry-pan toast the peppitas lightly.
5. Mix all the ingredients until combined. Serve topped with the peppitas.