Harissa Honey Salmon with Broccoli Rice
Easy, healthy and delicious! This fresh take on salmon will win you over for sure.
2 tsp harissa paste
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
1 large broccoli
3 tsp olive oil
2 sustainable salmon fillets, skin removed
4 tsp raw honey
handful mint leaves, finely sliced
PREP TIME - 20 minutes
COOKING TIME - 30 - 60 minutes
SERVES - two persons
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Zest and juice 1 lemon then mix the zest and half the juice with the harissa, half the garlic, half the spring onions and the oil. Season well and combine.
3. Rub the harissa mix over the salmon and leave for 15 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
4. Meanwhile, put the broccoli into a food processor and blitz until fine. Place the other half of the garlic and spring onions into a frying pan, with a glug of olive oil and cook on medium for 5 minutes, until soft. Add in the broccoli and cook for 5 more minutes. Season to taste.
5. Place the salmon onto a foil-lined baking tray, spoon over any leftover marinade, then roast for 10-15 mins. 5 minutes before the end, drizzle 2 teaspoons of honey over each fillet and return to the oven.
6. Add the mint to the broccoli. Serve the salmon on the bed of broccoli rice, spooning over the juices from the baking tray, with some lemon wedges on the side.